I like eggs but I hate preparing them. This is my solution. Bake once and eat all week, or freeze for the future. You can eat these muffins as is or throw them into a tortilla for a quick breakfast wrap. And, if you like variety, change up your vegetable add-ins.
- 10 large eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- ½ cup low fat shredded cheddar cheese
- Chopped vegetables and herbs of your choice *
- Salt and pepper to taste
* Here I diced mushrooms, bell peppers, onions and some fresh cilantro.
- Pre-heat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Spray 12 muffin tin cups with non-stick cooking spray.
- Chop up any and all vegetables you’d like to add-in. If desired, include some fresh herbs,
- In a big bowl, crack eggs, add milk and wisk together.
- Fold all your vegetables into the egg mixture.
- Add cheese and mix well.
- Pour egg mixture into each of the muffin tins. Be sure not to overfill. I find filling the cups to 3/4 height works best (see the tin on the left).
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Once the muffins are completely cool, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. Or you can wrap each muffin tightly in plastic wrap and then place in foil or bags and freeze for up to 3 months. Reheat baked egg cups in the microwave or in the toaster oven.