Roasted carrots and so simple and so good. When you combine carrots with honey, garlic and sage you get caramelized goodness. And, if you want to be fancy, you can use a mixture of colors.
- 1 pound carrots
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic (leave skin on)
- 6 leaves of sage
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 plain non-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons toasted chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel and trim carrots. Slice carrots in half lengthwise.
- Toss carrots together with honey, olive oil, garlic cloves, sage, salt and pepper.
- Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until caramelized.
- Sprinkle roasted carrots with salt and serve on yogurt. Add nuts (optional).