This recipe is from my friend Katie who is a vegetarian and sometimes vegan. It is always fun to combine something old (avocado toast) with something new (spicy chickpeas).
- 1 (16 ounce) can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), rinsed and drained
- 2-3 tablespoons of your favorite hot sauce
- 2 avocados
- 4 slices whole grain bread
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix cooked chickpeas and hot sauce together and spread the mixture out onto a baking pan. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Toast bread in a toaster until golden and crispy.
- Peel, seed and mash avocados and spread onto the slices of toasted bread. Spoon baked chickpea mixture onto avocado toast.